c Expand All C Collapse All
- Yes, Healing Touch and Reiki are similar in that they are both a form of Energy Medicine that occurs in the biofield.
- The Healing Touch certification process involves five levels of coursework, a apprenticeship period (typically a year or more) under a Certified Healing Touch Instructor, and formal submittal of case studies and writings to Healing Beyond Borders for evaluation.
- Healing Touch is a collection of healing approaches from many traditions and many healers from around the world. Reiki is one particular approach. (I am also a Certified Reiki Master, although I primarily practice Healing Touch.)
- Healing Touch is taught by an international nonprofit (Healing Beyond Borders) with teaching that is standardized, so that everybody gets the same material everywhere. That helps it to be easily understood and researched.
- Healing Touch focuses on personal development, has Core Values, Standards of Practice, and Code of Ethics. Heart-Centeredness is the most important.
- Healing Touch wisdom says that we don’t do the healing but become a facilitator for the intention of the Client’s Highest Good. That is our objective. The healing is between the client and the Creator. We help clients to relax and learn to hold a high vibrational sacred space.